......................................A N D R O M E D A J O N E S

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The American dream is soaring, soaring like it's never soared before

I got married on Sunday, it was great.
Everyone who came had a great time, and a lot of people I talked to after the ceremony told me that they cried. Even on such short notice, almost all of our friends we invited came. But, except for my father and his wifey, only my mother's side of the family showed up. Basically, everyone who was there, was extremely happy to be there, and none of the girls had to wear anything they didn't want to just because some stuck up princess bride wanted them to wear something that she wanted them to wear. I didn't force tomboys into dresses, I didn't have bridesmaids, nobody dressed up on my behalf. Everything was done from the heart, no big fancy price tags attached: I do not buy in to something as sacred as love being an occasion we must spend thousands of dollars on. I also refuse to wear diamonds. True love is free, the best things in life are free, and I refuse to symbolize something as amazing as our love with a material object. Furthermore, the path in which those expensive diamonds were acquired most likely has blood all over its trail; our peaceful union will not have that issue to deal with.

The ceremony was performed on the day before the eve of the new moon, the Chinese New Year, enter the year of the Dragon. It was mild and misty rainy, a bit foggy outside. Coolest wedding ever. Our American Dream is soaring.

No comments: